Tom in Iraq as a Military Observer

Tom in Iraq as a Military Observer
They sent me here just to watch...

Monday, February 1, 2016

Must we always demonize our political candidates?

The images of Donald Trump and swastikas and other Nazi images have suddenly become ubiquitous online.  I will admit that Trump is not my favorite candidate and I don’t like much of what he says, but must we demonize him?  Obama was portrayed as the Anti-Christ.  Again, I don’t care for his political and personal views, but must we demonize him?

This whole line of characterization is not about the politicians but about our impotence as a nation to exercise the blessings of liberty with any degree of maturity.  It is no wonder that democracies seldom survive more than 200 years.

I would like to remain the single exception to the demise of self government.  Is anyone ready to be a responsible member of the electorate?

Let’s set aside our pettiness, acrimonious bickering, and national vitriol and get back on track preserving the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity.  Let’s be the people we are blessed to be as Americans!



No comments:

Post a Comment